In addition to our annual corporate responsibility reports and regular shareholder filings, we provide important information throughout our website on how we approach sustainability issues for our key stakeholders.
These pages were created to bring much of that together in one place.
Our ability to make a difference environmentally includes both the steps we take to mitigate the impact our operations have on the environment as well as the broad reach of our products and services across market infrastructure and data.
- Operate leading carbon emissions markets in US, UK and EU, as well as renewable energy markets
- Offer range of ESG data and analytics to help create transparency, uncover opportunities and manage risk
- Run leading listings exchange for sustainable ETFs
- Offer fixed income sustainable benchmarks that account for ESG factors
- Administer Global Carbon Futures Indices which serve as benchmarks for the global price of carbon
- Encourage and support NYSE issuers as they navigate the evolving ESG landscape, including ESG reporting guidance as well as resources and platforms for dialogue between issuers and investors
- Help some of the world’s largest environmental technology companies raise capital through listing on the NYSE
- Disclose greenhouse gas footprint and TCFD-aligned reporting
Address Scope 1 and 2 emissions, as well as those Scope 3 emissions that we can credibly calculate, through the purchase of verified carbon offsets and renewable energy certificates
Manage Power Usage Efficiency associated with data centers
Take steps when designing and renovating office space, including putting in place energy efficient systems and LED and motion-sensor lighting
Highly capable and engaged teams living in healthy and thriving communities are critically important to our ability to grow and innovate.
- Provide comprehensive and competitive benefits in each market we operate to ensure employees’ health, well-being and financial security
- Equal Opportunity Employer with all qualified applicants receiving consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status
- Publish diversity metrics for our US-based and UK-based employees, including our annual EEO-1 data
- Career development and training opportunities are available throughout our employee ranks
- Monitor voluntary attrition rates; over the past 3 years, that rate has remained under 10%, which is better than the benchmark in the finance and technology sectors Annual Data
- Underwrite financial education programs around the world and make charitable contributions in our communities, including through a $3,500 annual match to every employee for the charities of their choice
We integrate ethics, compliance and accountability into all of our practices, starting at the top.
- Diverse Board of Directors that includes five female directors and three directors who identify as people of color
- Director skill sets cover a well-rounded range of topics
- Board disclosures include committee composition, charters, bylaws and bios, among other materials
- All directors are elected annually by a majority vote standard
- Six out of 12 directors have a tenure of less than five years
- All directors are reviewed annually via performance evaluations that include confidential oral assessments
- Director compensation is disclosed in the Proxy Statement
- The Board has oversight of ESG matters led by the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee
- Directors participate in continuing education sessions at least annually
- Formal limits are in place for the number of outside public company boards on which a director can sit
- The Board of Directors is responsible for overseeing the risk management process, which is led by our Chief Risk Officer
- We employ a three-lines of defense model to enterprise risk management
- Policies and procedures in place to ensure the physical and digital security of our markets, clearing houses, and data through industry-leading security technology and processes
- Our compliance policies are approved by the Board’s Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, reviewed regularly and assessed for effectiveness, and all employees, including contractors, are trained and tested annually
- Our protected disclosure (whistleblower) hotline is managed by a third-party service and available to employees, as well as external stakeholders: www.ethicspoint.com | 866-294-4493