The following details the size and composition of the financial resource package available in the event of an ICE Clear U.S. clearing member default.
- ICE Clear U.S.'s current initial margin on deposit is $15,923,940,000.
- In the event of a default, only the margin of the defaulting clearing member and, if applicable and subject to ICE Clear U.S.’s default waterfall, margin held in the defaulting clearing member’s customer account, may be used for default management.
- In the event the resources of a defaulting clearing member are insufficient to cure the default, the below financial resources are available to ICE Clear U.S.
ICE Clear U.S. (Designated Corporate) Contributions
Clearing Member Required Guaranty Fund Contributions
Minimum Total Assets Available
- ICE Clear U.S.'s financial resources additionally include assessment powers as detailed in ICE Clear U.S. By-law 5.5.
- The above listed Initial Margin amount represents the U.S. Dollar value on deposit, including excess collateral, after any applicable haircuts.
- The above listed Guaranty Fund amount represents the required amount and does not include any excess collateral posted.
- All figures above are current as of December 30, 2016.
Comment Letters & Testimony