We selectively offer market participants and ISVs Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to create custom applications and services around the ICE platform to suit specific needs, including customized algorithmic trading, risk management, data services and straight through processing.
How It Works
- We conduct conformance testing and member dress rehearsals during API development to safeguard the integrity of its marketplace
- Participants are required to use conforming software and demonstrate the highest level of technical and operational readiness for market entry
- Accordingly, we provide a range of services to assist in gaining software certification access to its live production environment
- Prior approval is required for development and production access to order routing and market data APIs
See Our Supported Market Types
Contact ICE Sponsorship
- We support version 4.2 of the Financial Information Exchange (FIX) Protocol for order routing
- All ICE futures markets are supported by our FIX implementation
- All access to the exchange's Order Routing API requires prior approval
- For an available list of certified third party applications, please visit Independent Software Vendors
Our iMpact data feed is the primary API for market data dissemination across a wide range of available products and ranges. We support TCP-based feeds as well as multicast data feeds.
View a list of Independent Software Vendors
How It Works
The iMpact TCP Data Feed
- A socket-based protocol delivering real-time market data messages in a fast, lightweight, easy-to-use and platform-independent fixed format
- No API libraries are required on the customer side
- Customer-feed handlers can be written in any language
The iMpact Multicast Data Feed
- Supports multicast of live update messages and snapshots for customer startup and recovery
- TCP can be used for obtaining product definitions and historical replays if needed
- Multicast groups are defined based on criteria such as exchange, product and book depth
Key benefits of multicast iMpact feeds versus TCP feeds include:
- Reduced bandwidth requirements for clients who currently have multiple TCP session
- Lower latency
- Price levels support where orders are aggregated for top five price levels
- All messages are assigned a sequence number
- Historical replay of messages
For information on the system requirements associated with our multicast data feed, take a look at our bandwidth guide and implied FAQ.
Interested in Our Price Feed Data?
Contact Price Feed Support
Or open an integrate support ticket by visiting: theice.com/integrate
We offer a FIX-based interface for real-time deal capture. This interface enables trading participants to receive real-time notifications for all trades executed by participants in the same firm. It also supports a request to query historical trades for a given set of markets and time windows.
Key Features of the FIX Trade Capture interface include:
- Real-time trade notifications with low latency
- One-trade report for spread deals and associated legs, eliminating the complexity of Java API logic to link deals to the original order for multiple partial executions
- Ease of reconciliation with orders sent using the ICE FIX Interface
- Multiple options to subscribe/unsubscribe for trade notifications
- Parent company users may subscribe/unsubscribe trade notifications for one or any number of its child companies
- For an available list of certified third party applications, please visit Trade Capture Vendors.
All of our markets are supported in the FIX Trade Capture interface.
Interested in the FIX Trade Capture API?
Contact FIXML Support
Conformance testing is vital for determining whether an ISV or member-produced software application will interact correctly with ICE markets prior to accessing the live production environment.
Testing is carried out in test environments for all new applications and for major upgrades of the trading interfaces. The primary aim of the exchange is to protect the integrity of ICE markets for trading members and to provide a basic level of testing that minimizes the possibility of product failure. While the exchange offers a basic conformance test, all firms integrating to the platform are expected to thoroughly test their applications independent of the conformance process. For any conformance related queries and to book conformance slots for developed applications,