ICE OTC Environmental
Environmental derivatives are financial instruments with an underlying value based on tradable environmental assets. They are used to manage environmental risks and provide market-based solutions.
ICE OTC Physical Environmental Contracts
Energy intensive industries face an array of environmental challenges posed by compliance requirements and regulations that may impact their competitive position. ICE OTC contracts based on carbon, acid rain and renewable energy products provide a way to hedge exposure and mitigate environmental risk.
- Forward and option contracts based on California's greenhouse gas cap and trade program.
- Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) forward contracts based on state based Renewable Portfolio Standard programs.
- Contracts based on the Northeast's cap-and-trade program, Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI).
- Cleared through ICE Clear Europe along with the rest of ICE's energy products and eligible for cross-margining benefits.
- Electronic trading available on WebICE in addition to the clearing of OTC brokered trades.
- 99+% market share for exchange-traded U.S. environmental contracts.
More on ICE OTC Physical Environmental
CCX Offsets Registry
CCX registers verified emission reductions that meet rigorous independent verification requirements.
- Largest and longest running greenhouse gas emission reductions program
- Establishing a market-based price for reducing emissions through offset projects
- Comprehensive set of established protocols
More on CCX Offsets