SINGAPORE MERCANTILE EXCHANGE (SMX)
Serving financial and commodity markets in Asia
Singapore Mercantile Exchange (SMX), serves participants in the Asian financial and commodity derivatives markets.
- Operates as an approved exchange (SMX) and approved clearing house (SMX Clearing Corporation — SMXCC), under the supervision of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- A period of business transition is currently in place in order for ICE to implement technology changes at SMX in consultation with the market and regulator. ICE expects to transition SMX from existing technology to the ICE trading and clearing platforms and relaunch the exchange and clearing house in the second half of 2014
- SMX members will benefit from ICE's world class technology and trading platform capabilities which offer industry-leading performance, functionality and stability and innovations such as ICE Mobile and WebICE, increasing global market access
- ICE is evaluating the product and clearing strategy of SMX and SMXCC to ensure the offering meets market participants' needs in the region
- New product opportunities include the potential for a variety of new cleared contracts to serve the Asian commodity and financial derivatives markets