Credit Index Futures on ICE
Simple. Transparent. Efficient.
The future for managing credit risk is here on ICE Futures U.S.
ICE is launching four cash-settled credit index futures contracts based on the Markit® CDX® and iTraxx® indices.* The first contract - the Markit CDX Investment Grade When Issued Future – began trading on June 17.
ICE's Credit Index Futures contracts reflect corporate credit spreads, offering investors and credit market participants:
- The first futures contract to offer pure credit exposure and hedging
- A more efficient means of managing credit risk within the transparent, regulated futures market structure
- An expanded participant base
- No jump to default risk
- Lower operational complexity
ICE Credit Index “When Issued” Contract Details
- Markit CDX Investment Grade WI Futures
- Markit CDX High Yield WI Futures
- Markit iTraxx Europe WI Futures
- Markit iTraxx Xover WI Futures
Each of these contracts will be listed by ICE Futures U.S. and cleared at ICE Clear U.S.
Additional CDS futures contracts to be introduced based on market feedback and demand.
* “Markit”, “CDX” and “iTraxx” are registered trademarks and the property of the Markit Group of companies, and are used by ICE under license.