Connecting Global Participants to Global Markets
ICE offers a number of fast, reliable and cost-efficient alternatives for accessing the world's most liquid futures markets. Providing multiple options allows ICE customers the ability to tailor network connectivity choices to their trading and business requirements. The following connection options are available to all ICE participants:ICE Net
Incorporates existing Internet connectivity to access ICE:
- Allows clients to manage existing connectivity and equipment
- Encrypted data messaging using 128-bit SSL
- Available from any Internet access point in the world
- Available for ISV vendors
- No additional cost or access charges
Set up direct and telco-managed ethernet connections to ICE systems via ICE’s regional network connection hubs in Atlanta, Chicago, New York, London, and Singapore.
- Cost-effective option for primary and/or redundant connections to ICE
- Ethernet connectivity, both direct and telco-managed connections are accepted
- Carrier diversity available to the ICE hub is available
Host equipment and order managed service provider cross-connections to directly connect to the ICE trading system:
- Available exclusively at ICE Primary and Disaster Recovery (DR) facilities
- Ability to co-locate servers and other infrastructure on-site with the ICE trading system
- ICE maintains the relationship with the data center for power, cooling, etc
- Allows auto-execution and algorithmic engines to operate without latency introduced by WAN/LAN connections
- Allows customers to maintain WAN connectivity and end-to-end backhaul/management
The Chicago CoLo is owned and operated by ICE and provides greater flexibility for high density powered cabinets, custom installations, as well as a larger pool of data line connection vendors. All connections from the CoLo space will traverse ICE equipment and fiber to the ICE Exchange. The CoLo also offers 24x7 remote hands provided by Telx.
The Standard CoLo package includes:
- A dedicated 42U locking cabinet with 2000 Watt redundant power
- 2 x multi-mode fiber cross connects to the ICE exchange
- 1 copper cross connect to the Internet with 2Mbps committed information rate
- Additional redundant power per cabinet up to 5000 watts is available and built standard in the cabinet - no additional build out is required
The Standard CoLo package mentioned above is $5,000 for installation and $4,750* per month. Additional power usage follows the pricing chart below and is charged at the 95th percentile for total usage. Other services such as additional cross connects (single-mode fiber, coax, or copper), remote hands, enhanced power offerings, POTS lines, etc., are also available.
|+ 500 watts
|+ 1000 watts
|+ 1500 watts
|+ 2000 watts||$1,250|
|+ 2500 watts||$2,000|
|+ 3000 watts||$2,700|
*Plus applicable state and local telecommunication taxes based the appropriate rates per locale.
E-mail ICE Network for more information.
NOTE: Please provide an estimate of the installation date, number of cabinets required, power estimated per cabinet, total additional cross connects and type, and any other features required.
Managed Service Provider Connectivity
Choose from ICE preferred providers to connect to the ICE trading system:
- Cost-effective option for primary or redundant connections to the ICE Exchange
- Leverage existing connections to Managed Service Providers
- Providers connect at various ICE data center and ICE hub locations
- Carrier diversity