Clearing is critical for ensuring market integrity and mitigating systemic risk. Through a system of financial safeguards, clearing houses act as central counterparties - the buyer to every seller and the seller to every buyer - and provide security to each transaction for the duration of the position. ICE's clearing infrastructure includes five clearing houses in the US, Europe and Canada, providing the assurance market participants need to access more markets and source deeper liquidity.
Securing Global Derivatives Markets
- The first clearing houses for credit derivatives
- Proprietary clearing technology supporting thousands of contract strips
- Global leader in the development of clearing for energy and OTC credit derivatives markets
- A ten-year track record clearing energy with more than 800 cleared energy contracts
- Concentrated selection of benchmark contracts allows participants to efficiently allocate capital via cross margining
THE CLEARING CORPORATION
The Clearing Corporation was established in 1925 as the nation's first independent futures clearing house. It provides the risk management framework, operational processes and clearing infrastructure for the ICE Clear Credit and ICE Clear Europe CDS clearing houses.
Learn More about the Clearing Corporation
OFF EXCHANGE BROKER SUBMISSION
ICE Block offers brokers advanced functionality to streamline the submission of off-exchange trades including OTC Block trades, Exchange for Physicals (EFPs) and Exchange for Swaps (EFSs) to ICE Clear.
Learn More about ICE Block