Are you unaware of the myriad of instruments available for trading and do you know the implications of each tool & technique as it relates to your specific job function? Have you ever wondered how the exchanges actually work? How electronic trading operations function? These are but a few of the questions that will be answered in this action-packed comprehensive program designed for the non-trader.
This dynamic, information-packed program will help you develop a solid foundation in energy trading as you examine all of the instruments, tools and techniques available to the energy trader today. You will explore the nuances and quirks specific to the energy markets, understand the risks and rewards across sectors and develop a macro view designed to improve your trading knowledge and help you understand successful trading programs.
This course is delivered through our training partner The Energy Management Institute (EMI)
Who Should Attend
This program on energy trading has been designed for the non-trader. The course is applicable to mid & back-office personnel in all levels of the energy infrastructure. Individuals in every functional support area of responsibility who are impacted by trading operations will benefit from this program. Employees providing mid & back office support such as marketing, sales, IT, strategy, research, engineering, supply & distribution, trading risk management, purchasing & financial & accounting will find the course highly beneficial.
- The basics and fundamentals of energy trading
- The vocabulary of trading
- The what , why, how & who of trading
- Energy market structure
- Market participants
- The intertwined relationship of fundamentals and futures
- Technical & fundamental analysis; how and when to combine the two
- Market behavior
- System development & testing
- Real time trading examples for natural gas using the various technical tools & techniques
- What the various energy trading instruments, tools & techniques are and what is encompassed in the profession of energy trading
- How all of the tools & techniques work
- How these tools can be applied to the development of a successful trading program