In two dynamic, information-packed days, you'll develop a solid foundation in energy trading as you examine all of the instruments,
tools and techniques available to the energy trader today. You'll explore the nuances and quirks specific to the energy
markets, understand the risks and rewards across various energy sources and develop a macro view designed to improve your timing
and help you develop a successful trading program
This course is delivered through our training partner The Energy Management Institute (EMI)
Who Should Attend
This course is applicable to all levels of the energy infrastructure: oil, natural gas, electricity and coal. Individuals in every functional area of responsibility in all energy industries whose decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Managers from areas such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering, supply and distribution, trading risk management, purchasing, as well as financial and accounting will all find the course highly beneficial.
- The basics and fundamentals of energy trading.
- The vocabulary of trading.
- The what , why, how and who of trading.
- Energy market structure.
- Market participants.
- The intertwined relationship of fundamentals and futures.
- Technical and fundamental analysis; how and when to combine the two.
- Market behavior.
- System development and testing.
- Real time trading examples for all products in the energy infrastructure using the various technical tools and techniques.
- What the various energy trading instruments, tools & techniques are and what is encompassed in the profession of energy trading.
- How all of the tools and techniques work.
- How these tools can be applied to the development of a successful trading program.
TRADING SIMULATION: Making money with real-time mechanical trading systems