This 2-day program will give you a comprehensive understanding of the various strategies employed in the field of advanced technical analysis. You'll examine a wide array of advanced technical tools and strategies, including what they are and how and when they should be used. In addition, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of how various theories of behavioral finance can be integrated into technical trading strategies.
This course is delivered with our training partner The Energy Management Institute (EMI)
Who Should Attend
This course is applicable to all level of the commodity infrastructure. Individuals in every functional area of responsibility in all commodity related industries whose decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Managers from areas such as trading risk management, finance, marketing and sales will also find this course highly beneficial.
- The principles of behavioral finance and how these can be integrated into a trading strategy.
- Integrating volatility studies with traditional mathematical technical analysis.
- Multiple-time-cycle analysis of the markets.
- TD Absolute Retracement and how it is used to calculate price retracements and price extensions.
- How to implement DeMark's Mechanical Trading Systems.
- Developing trading models with charting software.
- Matching the system to your personality.
- Back-testing and forward-testing of models.
- Development of trend following trading systems.
- Development of mean reversion trading systems.
- Combining negatively correlated trading systems.
- Black Box Arbitrage: what it is, how to develop models and understand the inherent risk of these types of strategies.