This new virtual intensive and interactive course focuses on the price risks involved in trading oil on the international markets. This virtual course identifies the price risks involved and the use of exchange traded and OTC instruments in managing risk. You will compare the advantages and disadvantages of futures and OTC instruments and review the different trading procedures available and the profiles of the different hedgers in the market.
During these challenging times, all virtual courses are being offered at a discounted rate.
Enter code: C2020 on the booking form when checking out.
This virtual course is one of the ICE Education LIVE programs. We provide three phases to the course:
1. Pre-course: Access to the ICE Education learning platform for on-demand primer content.
2. Live Virtual Sessions: Trainer led live video sessions (as per the outline below). These are six short focused sessions per day with practical activity and interaction throughout.
3. Post-course: On-demand content remains available and an optional live video clinic session is scheduled for one week post course for any learning points you'd like to revisit.
All course payments must be received one day prior to the start date
|Price||£1,600 + VAT|
|Location||Virtual - EMEA Time Zone|
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who is affected by the changes in the international price of oil
- Oil industry personnel working in supply, trading, risk management, refining, finance, transport, exploration and production
- Oil trading and distribution companies
- Energy-related government departments and regulators
- Purchasing, planning, and finance departments in major energy consumers
- Energy publications
- Bankers, accountants, auditors and others associated with oil companies and oil financing
o 0900 - 0920: Technology check to ensure all technology is working and that all delegates have the required access
Day 1 (09.30 - 16.00)
- Session 1: Exposure to price risk, volatility, timing
- Session 2: Price drivers, market structure, Backwardation & Contango
- Session 3: Pricing mechanisms, MOC vs all day, assessments, criteria
- Session 4: Futures related pricing, EFP, exchange of future for physical
- Session 5: Types of company, different exposures; Forward, Future & Financial markets
- Session 6: OTC instruments, swaps, fixed & floating prices, settlement
Day 2 (09.30 - 16.00)
- Session 7: Common types, flat price & differential swaps
- Session 8: Other risks, VAR, legal & contractual risks, ISDA
- Session 9: Options, valuation, OTC, average price options, cost versus risk appetite
- Session 10: Reduce the cost of hedging, combining swaps & options
- Session 11: Embedded options, extendable, double up, participation
- Session 12: Exotic options, barriers, options on spreads