The aims of this virtual program are to explore and apply the intermediate level concepts and tools of the Options markets with an emphasis on trading and risk management. We draw on markets that are representative for all delegates to ensure relevance to every situation.
During these challenging times, all virtual courses are being offered at a discounted rate.
Enter code: C2020 on the booking form when checking out.
This virtual course is one of the ICE Education LIVE programs. We provide three phases to the course:
1. Pre-course: Access to the ICE Education learning platform for on-demand primer content.
2. Live Virtual Sessions: Trainer led live video sessions (as per the outline below). These are short focused sessions with practical activity and interaction throughout. Each individual session is approximately 45 minutes in duration followed by a short break.
3. Post-course: On-demand content remains available and an optional live video clinic session is scheduled for one week post course for any learning points you'd like to revisit.
All course payments must be received one day prior to the start date
Start Time - 09:00 London - 12.00 Dubai - 16.00 Singapore
|Price||£1,600 + VAT|
Who Should Attend
- Personnel from the energy market, trading companies and other individuals who wish to gain an understanding of energy options and their uses
- Risk management and financial departments of oil, gas and electricity companies
- Exploration, production, transportation and refining departments of energy companies
- Oil, gas and other energy producing, supply and distribution companies
- Major energy consuming businesses
- Trading companies, banks, brokers, government, regulators and associated organisations
- Session 1: Review basics
- Options contracts
- Theoretical value and assumptions in the option model
- Session 2: Volatility
- Historic and Implied Volatility
- Standard deviation of price changes
- Future expectation
- Session 3: Put/Call parity
- Synthetic future
Session 4: Delta
- Understand changes in delta with price
- Volatility and time; value in hedging and managing an option portfolio
Session 5: Gamma
- Understand impact on option position and risk of short dated, near the money options
- Value in managing an option portfolio
Session 6: Theta/Vega
- Understand the impact of changes in volatility and time
Session 7: Directional trades
- Reducing the cost of buying options
Session 8: Volatility
- Trading the view on volatility
Session 9: Alternative plays
- Moderate bullish/bearish and neutral plays
Session 10: Risk management strategies
- Cost of using options to hedge
- Change risk profile with Collar/Fence
Session 11: Trading options
- Opportunistic trading versus market making
Session 12: OTC options
- Wide range of products in the OTC space