ICE Education bring their expertise in the physical oil, oil product markets and electronic trading together to bring to you this new and innovative programme that utilises a revolutionary trading simulator that ensures practical hands on experience of 'real market scenarios' in a unique three day learning experience.
Why this course? - Typical Delegate Feedback:
"Fun and interactive best way to learn"
"Simulations that helped put theory with practice combined with the experience and knowledge of the instructors"
"Good examples by the faculty and the immediate application of our knowledge in the simulation"
"The switch between theory and computer simulation. The possibility to ask questions along the way"
Who Should Attend
- If your work is affected by the changes to the international price of oil
- oil industry staff working supply, trading risk management, refining, finance, transportation and E&P
- Oil trading and distribution companies
- Energy-related government departments
- Purchasing, planning and finance departments in major energy consumers
- Energy publications
- Bankers, accountants, auditors and others associated with oil companies and oil financing.
- Core Trading Terms and Concepts
- GASOLINE (RBOB) FUTURES TRADING SIMULATION
- Trading Discipline - Technical trading techniques
- TECHNICAL TRADING SIMULATION (RBOB)
- Physical Cargo trading; differentials and physical strategies
- US GULF COAST CRUDE TRADING SIMULATION
- Physical trading strategies: Freight, Delivery terms (FOB/CIF) and basic arbitrage
- U.S. PRODUCTS TRADING SIMULATION
- Basic refining, margins and hedging
- REFINING SIMULATION
- Margin risk and refinery margin hedging; Conclusions
- Market structure; Backwardation and Contango
- Trading around a storage facility
- STORAGE TRADING SIMULATION (HEATING OIL)
- Geographical Spreads; Heating Oil / Gas Oil
- HEATING OIL / GAS OIL SPREAD TRADING SIMULATION
- Hedging basics; daily hedging, spreads, timing and basic risk
- BASIC HEDGING SIMULATION (GLOBAL CRUDE OIL)
- Swaps; Outright and Differential swap contracts
- WTI, ICE Brent, Dated Brent and CFDs.
- Trading around a physical Crude Oil portfolio
- CRUDE EQUITY AND HEDGING SIMULATION (GLOBAL, IN TEAMS)