ICE Education and Ozone Negotiation have joined forces to add a high impact Negotiation programme to the ICE Education portfolio called The Universal Commercial Negotiator. Covering all aspects of the art and science of negotiation, the 2-day workshop is designed to equip delegates with a detailed understanding of all aspects of negotiation strategy development and execution.
The Universal Commercial Negotiator Programme has been structured to give deep insight into and the opportunity for practical application of structured methodologies designed to deliver improved outcomes.
From dispute circumstances to those requiring deep collaboration, each negotiation is different. Every negotiator needs the ability to flex their style and approach and so the workshop provides the delegate with exposure to the universe of different negotiation types and the tools required to deal with the variety of circumstances to which they may be exposed. The result of this is to equip participants with greater confidence, coordination, control and power in any negotiation they face.
The programme is also available on an in-house basis where all participants are from the same client company. This is particularly effective in generating common understanding, language and approach.
|Price||£1750.0 + VAT|
Who Should Attend
Attendance is open to the public and is relevant to all those responsible for or involved in commercial negotiations irrespective of seniority or experience levels.
The programme content is interspersed with practical negotiation exercises and case studies across the array of negotiation types. Video is used to reinforce the delegate learning that is delivered through a detailed feedback process.
Programme Deliverables focus on increasing the delegate's capacity to implement principles and deliver significantly improved negotiation outcomes. This comes through:
- Providing a clear understanding of fundamental negotiation concepts
- Delivering best-practice methodology for creation and execution of negotiation strategies
- Exploration of the human factor of how personal character traits affect negotiations
- Personal delegate feedback to provide clarity on individual development needs
- For colleagues, the programme delivers a clear common language which supports effective communication across teams and business functions
- Additional support with an optional Coaching module to embed learning
- Introduction to general negotiation principles
- Negotiation Types; Dispute, Reactive and Proactive
- Personal Negotiation Capability Assessment
- Negotiation Objectives, internal communication and alignment
- Knowing our objectives and understanding those of the other party
- The Human Factor in Negotiation
- Management of Inherent Conflict and Taking Control
- Self-Control from avoiding generosity to suppressing competitive desire
- Power in Negotiation
- Analysis of the power state
- Power enhancement
- Leverage; its development and use
- Positioning and Conditioning
- Negotiation Strategy Development Process
- Planning and Communication
- Anticipative Scenario Planning
- Team Organisation
- Effective Execution
- The Day 2 morning is dedicated to a final case study taking the delegate through strategy development and execution from start to finish
- Culminates in the most complex face-to-face negotiation to which the delegate will be exposed`
- Detailed team and individual feedback
- Negotiation Laboratory
- Coaching session to analyse delegate negotiations (past and future) and develop the basis for the Strategic Plan
- Delegate Personal Development Action Planning
Each delegate may opt for an additional coaching module to take place subsequent to the workshop programme.