ICE Education and Navitas Resources have combined their expertise in the oil and energy markets and electronic trading to bring you the Oil Trader Development programme.
You will review the key market drivers for the Global Oil markets, the derivative markets that can help us manage the volatility in the markets, and gain insight and practical guidance on how to manage yourself as a trader in the markets with the help of our experienced training team.
|Price||£1,600 + VAT|
Who Should Attend
This course is for all those interested in gaining a much stronger knowledge and practical skill base for the trading of the energy market complex.
This unique course will provide each delegate with real-time trading room simulations. You'll have your own double screen system for the trading room study and simulation aspects.
MODULE 1: Global Energy Markets
- Market outlook balance 2017/2018 supply demand drivers
- Review of energy price behaviour
- Forward curve analysis
- Technical analysis - key tools
- Using different derivative instruments
MODULE 2: Trading to make Money
- Types of strategies and approaches
- Strategy case studies: ICE Brent vs ICE WTI
- Risk vs Reward calculation and analysis
MODULE 3: Hedging to Save Money
- Strategy Workshop: End User, Producer, Utility, Physical trader scenarios
- Case Study: Freight rate trading and hedging
MODULE 4: Options & Risk Management Approaches
- Using energy options: hedging & speculation
- Review of option types
- Understanding option payoffs, risk management, market risk management in energy markets
MODULE 5: Managing the Trading Emotions
- Trader midsets
- Trading plans and removing the emotional factor
- Taking a loss - Taking a profit
- Communication skills
- Market conspiracy - you versus the market
TRADING ROOM PRACTICALS & SCENARIO BASED TRADING GAMES
- Each delegate will have a system set-up for the oil markets and will execute both OTC and futures market orders reacting to real-time scenarios