Entrima (The European Institute for Energy Trading & Risk Management) and ICE Education (an Intercontinental Exchange company) jointly provide a 1-day training course covering the REMIT EU Regulation.
REMIT - Energy Market Integrity. This defines the regulation and process for the prohibition of market abuse and greater transparency in the energy markets. The key theme of transparency will run throughout the course and we will explore the ways in which this can be improved to enhance the integrity of the markets. To ensure practical application, a wide range of case studies are utilized in the learning. At the end of the course, participants undertake a short multiple choice assessment. Candidates who achieve the defined pass level, will receive a certificate. Certification allows you to register for The Charter, which is operated by Entrima.
|Price||£750.0 + VAT|
Who Should Attend
This programme is especially suitable for all traders, dispatchers, asset managers and compliance officers, but is also suitable for back office staff, IT experts and risk managers, as well as for regulators and staff of exchanges, TSOs, brokers and price reporting agencies, for all these market participants and organisation are involved with and/or affected by REMIT.
The class covers the detail and implications of the regulation itself. It also explores how it is being regulated and which parties are involved in the process. The course is centred around practical examples. The trainer will facilitate discussions, which help to optimize the process of learning and application within the group. Understanding and practical awareness is vital to the staff of energy companies and other participants who are active in the energy markets.
The learning objectives for this programme are:
- To understand the background of why regulation for the European energy markets is being implemented;
- To understand REMIT, the regulation, its objectives and its implications for (staff of) energy companies;
- To understand the necessary behaviours required by companies to become compliant with REMIT provisions;
- To be aware of the key criteria which have to be taken into account in order to identify inside information and/or market manipulation;
- To understand how to apply these criteria in the decision making process;
- To be able to distinguish insider trading from market manipulation;
- To understand the meaning of market manipulation and how to sense this in different markets;
- To have a reference framework for being able to cope with dilemmas in the decision making processes;
- To be able to assess alternative actions and judge which are the optimal decisions in relevant cases.