Don't let the learning stop - take a look at our range of courses delivered through live virtual sessions which are complemented with on-demand digital content.
As a consequence of the current situation and in adherence with the wider international guidance, we have deferred all face-to-face courses indefinitely. We will be monitoring and updating on this as the situation dictates.
This programme is directed at the OTC energy swaps contracts. The course highlights the link between the physical markets and the OTC financial markets, the structure and pricing of swap contracts and the use of swaps for hedging, risk management and arbitrage.
|Price||£1,400 + VAT|
Who Should Attend
Personnel from the energy market, trading companies and other individuals who wish to obtain a comprehensive knowledge of energy traded options and their uses.
- Risk management and financial departments of oil, gas and electricity companies
- Exploration, production, transportation and refining departments of oil and gas companies
- Oil, gas and other energy producing, supply and distribution companies
- Energy related government departments
- Major energy consuming businesses
- Oil and gas trading companies
- Physical markets as benchmarks
- Index pricing and futures
- Forward pricing where no futures markets exist
Characteristics of swaps
- How they function
- Differences between swaps and futures
- Standard crude oil contracts
- Standard petroleum products contracts
- The flexibility of OTC instruments
Uses of swaps
- Gas oil and fuel oil
OTC products in electronic trading
- Changes in market practice
- Online trading with ICE
Workshops and exercises