Don't let the learning stop - take a look at our range of courses delivered through live virtual sessions which are complemented with on-demand digital content.
As a consequence of the current situation and in adherence with the wider international guidance, we have deferred all face-to-face courses indefinitely. We will be monitoring and updating on this as the situation dictates.
This workshop is aimed at delegates who wish to gain detailed insight into the characteristics of the most widely traded energy derivative instruments, together with their potential for hedging and risk management. This course covers futures and over-the-counter markets.
|Price||£1,600 + VAT|
Who Should Attend
This two-day course is recommended for anyone, including junior traders and
brokers, who would like to improve his/her knowledge and understanding of
energy derivatives and their uses.
- Oil, gas and electricity dealers
- Trading, risk management and financial departments of oil, gas and
- Exploration, production, transportation and refining departments of oil and
- Energy-producing, supply and distribution companies
- Government departments dealing with energy issues
- Major energy consuming businesses
Review of the basic concepts: Terminology, pricing, trading
Trading markets: Futures, Swaps and CFD's, EFP, EFS and triggers, Dated, spot and cash markets, Forward market
Risk management: Hedging, Basis risk, Workshops
Trading strategies: Time spreads, Crack Spreads, Arbitrage
Trading platform: Demonstration
- Physical markets
- Forward markets
- Futures markets
- Spread trading
- Basis trading
- EFP, EFS and trigger
- Market prices and reading the market