Support & Training
Energy Derivatives Workshop: VIRTUAL DELIVERY
This workshop is delivered virtual over four mornings and aimed at delegates who wish to gain detailed insight into the characteristics of the most widely traded energy derivative instruments, together with their potential for hedging and risk management. This virtual course covers futures and over-the-counter markets.
This virtual course is one of the new ICE Education LIVE programs. We provide three phases to the course:
1. Pre-course: Access to the ICE Education learning platform for on-demand primer content.
2. Live Virtual Sessions: Trainer led live video sessions (as per the outline below). These are short focused sessions with practical activity and interaction throughout.
3. Post-course: On-demand content remains available and an optional live video clinic session is scheduled for one week post course for any learning points you'd like to revisit.
All course payments must be received one day prior to the start date
Start Times Days 1 - 4: 09.00 London - 12.00 Dubai - 16.00 Singapore
End Times Days 1 - 4: 12.00 London - 15.00 Dubai - 19.00 Singapore
|Price||£1,750 + VAT|
|Location||Virtual: EMEA Time Zone|
Who Should Attend
This virtual four half days course is recommended for anyone, including junior traders and
brokers, who would like to improve his/her knowledge and understanding of
energy derivatives and their uses.
- Oil, gas and electricity dealers
- Trading, risk management and financial departments of oil, gas and
- Exploration, production, transportation and refining departments of oil and
- Energy-producing, supply and distribution companies
- Government departments dealing with energy issues
- Major energy consuming businesses
08.45: Technology check in to ensure all technology working and that all delegates have required access.
09.00: Course Start Time
Fundamentals, supply chain, benchmarks, pricing methods
Spot market, Forward market, Brent complex
ICE Futures Exchange, main functions, contracts, ICE Block
Time spreads, behaviour, trading the market, calculation
Arb and crack spread, examples, calculation
Introduction, fixed and floating prices, oil product markets
Spot and term contracts, BFOE and other Forward markets
Example, exercise, basis risk, basis trade
Brent short term hedge
CFD and DFL, example and need for hedging crude
EFP and EFS trades
Understand the process, EFP uses, Triggers, EFS
Types of swap, oil product benchmarks, hedging decisions
Geopolitical factors, supply and demand, USD impact