As part of our Flex Series, this 2 hour live instructor led virtual course provides an introduction to what futures are and how they work from an exchange and clearing perspective. This is the first in a series of three courses that makes up our 'Introduction to Futures & Options' pathway. The other two modules in the series are:
- Introduction to Trading & Hedging with Futures
- Introduction to Options
On completion of all three sections, you can take an assessment towards pathway Certification.
This virtual course is one of the ICE Education LIVE programs. We provide:
1. Pre-course: Access to the ICE Education learning platform for any on-demand primer content.
2. Live Virtual Sessions: Trainer led live video sessions (as per the outline below). These are short focused sessions with practical activity and interaction throughout.
3. Post-course: On-demand content remains available and you can also sign up for additional sessions. Completion of a study pathway will trigger the availability of the optional certification assessment.
All course payments must be received one day prior to the start date
|Price||£250 + VAT|
Who Should Attend
- New traders and brokers
- New entrants to the futures and options markets
- Support and operations people involved in the energy markets
- Sales and marketing personnel
- Individuals working in organisations such as: trading companies, banks, brokers, oil producers, consumers, refiners, distribution companies, government and associated organisations.
- 09.15 - 09.30 How session will work and Welcome
- 09.30 - 10.20 Session 1:
- What is a Futures exchange
- Example: ICE Futures Europe
- What is a future? How does it work
- The anatomy of a futures contract
- 10.20 - 10.30 Break
- 10.30 - 11.20 Session 2:
- How Clearing Works
- CCP vs Bilateral
- Benefits of the CCP model
- Main risk mitigation structures
- 11.20 - 11.30 Session Review:
- Review of key learning points