Support & Training
Options Basics: VIRTUAL FLEX SERIES
As part of our Flex Series, this 2 hour live instructor led virtual course provides an introduction to what options are, why they would be used, the common terminology and the key dimensions of option value. This is the third in a series of three courses that makes up our 'Introduction to Futures & Options' pathway. The other two modules in the series are:
- Introduction to Futures & the Clearing Process
- Introduction to Trading & Hedging with Futures
On completion of all three sections, you can take an assessment towards pathway Certification.
This virtual course is one of the ICE Education LIVE programs. We provide:
1. Pre-course: Access to the ICE Education learning platform for any on-demand primer content.
2. Live Virtual Sessions: Trainer led live video sessions (as per the outline below). These are short focused sessions with practical activity and interaction throughout.
3. Post-course: On-demand content remains available and you can also sign up for additional sessions. Completion of a study pathway will trigger the availability of the optional certification assessment.
All course payments must be received one day prior to the start date
|Price||£250 + VAT|
Who Should Attend
- New traders and brokers
- New entrants to the futures and options markets
- Support and operations people involved in the energy markets
- Sales and marketing personnel
- Individuals working in organisations such as: trading companies, banks, brokers, oil producers, consumers, refiners, distribution companies, government and associated organisations.
- 09.15 - 09.30 How the session will work and Welcome
- 09.30 - 10.20 Session 1
- Option introduction
- Payoff diagrams
- 10.20 - 10.30 Break
- 10.30 - 11.20 Session 2
- Valuing options
- Intrinsic and time value
- Understanding volatility and time
- 11.20 - 11.30 Session Review
- Review of key learning points